Into People Inc. was incorporated on the 1st of September, 2005 under the Associations Incorporation Act of 1981.
Into People Inc. currently has over 55 members and a management committee of 5 members. The members of the management committee have over 35 years combined experience in Human Services and Events Management.
We have successfully delivered 16 ‘Into Global Rhythms‘ festivals to date, co-funded by The Department of Multicultural Affairs Queensland, and the Logan City Council.
In addition, we have held other festivals in the past, such as the Logan Unite Festival in 2011, Harmony Day Festival, and numerous other events and festivals in the Logan City Region.
View more information about our past events here.
Historically, Into People Inc. has held the following events in the Brisbane area:
- First Living Christmas Tree, King George Square, 1988
- Over 20 ‘Break Loose’ concerts in Albert Park, between 1985 and 1989
- Australasian Society Expo ‘Marco Polo’s Journey’ in Fortitude Valley and South Bank
- Reggae concert in South Bank to support and raise funds for the Queensland drought
- First gospel concert at the QPA Centre, featuring Esther King of ‘The Platters’
- Conventions at Chandlers featuring guest speakers from the USA
We have held corporate team building and personal development workshops using drums from around the world as a way for people from different cultures to connect, in partnership with Drum Fire.
We have also held workshops that promote cultural diversity, cultural awareness and social integration at schools in regional and remote areas of Queensland.
Into People Inc. has been dedicated to providing longstanding employment assistance to unemployed and otherwise similarly disadvantaged people in the community, such as those from different cultural backgrounds, in order to provide them with the skills they need to succeed in a modern work environment.
We are currently working in conjunction with multiple employment agencies around the Gold Coast, Stones Corner, Goodna, Inala and Logan areas to provide employment assistance to the highly disadvantaged people of these regions.
In the future, we hope to expand this support to target areas in Brisbane North.
We also host a number of programs:
- Event Management, Kingston
- Innovation Event Creation program, Beenleigh
- Talkback TV production, Beenleigh
- Audio and Video production, Kingston & Southport
- Mosaic Art, Elanora